Being a Christian is not about following a list of do's and dont's. Its about having a personal relationship with God and spending time with Him through ways such as reading the word of God, praising and worshiping him in songs and having a life of prayer with fastings. Its about knowing who God is and what He wants. His will for humanity. The bible says if we draw closer to God, He will draw closer to us.

A relationship with God is about knowing God and Him knowing you through the time you spend together. Its about falling in love with God and wanting nothing apart from pleasing Him. This results in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit who ensures a genuine change of heart and perspective. He changes our being and desires and changes them from being worldly and mindful only of the flesh to being mindful of the things of God. As the Holy Spirit works in us it brings about obedience to God's word.

You can follow all things such as outward holiness, but still not make it to Heaven because you are not filled with the Holy Spirit and you don't have a personal relationship with God. Jesus is the only way to Heaven and you have to know Him personally by having a personal relationship with Him. Being with Him and being baptised by the Holy Spirit is what causes a genuine change of heart.

God always has a reason behind letting us know that some things are sinful. He does not just make up a list of the blue and for no reason. For example, He let's us know we should not watch secular TV and the reason is that secular TV always promotes a sinful life. There is violence, sexual content and bad language. It also promotes other vices such as lying,stealing etc as the cool thing to do. It also promotes a Godless life as people in these films or cartoons do not give a care about God but just go about their daily activities as if He does not exist, so that is teaching us wrong things.

You need to have an inner conviction that certain things are sinful and not good for our Christian walk and its only the Holy Spirit who convicts. So if someone is just following a list of rules because they have been told so without really having an inner conviction, many such people tend to backslide because it does not come from the inside.

Also,there are many things we may not even know are sinful and we may be doing them but if one has the baptism of the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit will personally convict you that such a thing is sinful. It is not possible to list all things that are sin. You may be doing some sins which you do not even know that they are wrong and which someone may not even have a testimony about and that's why you you need the baptism of the Holy Spirit coz He's our guide to Heaven. You also need the baptism of the Holy Spirit to discern between good and evil.

The bible says trust not every spirit. Some people try to exaggerate holiness by putting weird things such as saying do not use soap to bath or other crazy things. Such is just meant to make holiness look undesirable and to make people abandon holiness all together coz they feel burdened. Holiness is beautiful and it separates us from the world and makes us pure before God. We receive the Holy Spirit by asking in prayer.

Shalom

#Walking with Jesus everyday.

1. Gift Pumbwa

November 24, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Amen !!GOD PLEASE HELP ME

2. Mtendere Chilombe

November 24, 2019 at 7:09 pm

Amen! Very powerful

3. Paul Promise

November 24, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Hmmm
    That’s true.
    Meaning is crucial to hear from God personally as a Christian.

Some testimonies of Heaven & hell might be false (fabricated) while some multitudes follow & build doctine on it.
    My sheep hear my voice and follow me.

4. Thobela Mini

November 24, 2019 at 8:55 pm

Is it wrong to use roll on and perfume?

5. Kemi Bucham

Amen. We need to develop a close relationship with Jesus

12. Mussa Abednego Herizonic Ndama

November 25, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Shaloom

13. Richard Jonathan

November 26, 2019 at 6:40 am

Yea are right holiness sister. Is quite a while now I haven’t see your post on net.
    Gos bless you sister.

14. Takemore Majabule

November 26, 2019 at 7:44 am

thank you for this.

15. Jean De Dieu Uwimana

November 26, 2019 at 8:23 am

Shalomeca

16. William Eyong

November 27, 2019 at 8:12 am

Thanks our God is HOLY so we should make every effort to be HOLY

17. Emmanuel Yohana

November 28, 2019 at 7:37 pm

We have to watch,we are at the end of world

18. Eliud Wanjohi

November 29, 2019 at 3:01 pm

A person who has the HOLY SPIRIT cannot feel burdened by living a holy life of abstaining from sinful ways. Why? Because HE is the one who crucifies your body to enable you to abstaining from sin.

Only when the HOLY SPIRIT departs from you when you feel holiness becoming a burden for you.

19. Alice Mutonga

November 29, 2019 at 4:14 pm

Very inspiring

20. Nomthandazo Thandy Francinah Kgosinyana

November 29, 2019 at 7:48 pm

AMEN.

21. Iliya Galadima

December 3, 2019 at 9:02 pm

EVERYBODY SHOULD LEARN HOW TO DECERN THE LEAD OF THE HOLLY SPIRIT BY INTENSE DESIRE TO DO THE WILL OF GOD.

22. Nashwa Hamza

December 8, 2019 at 8:35 pm

please help me for my deliverance I hear the voice of satan in my head and this spirit of death has killed my baby and my father can beg you for my deliverance please

23. Nashwa Hamza

December 8, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Please holy spirit help me , thank you holy spirit i love you

24. Yandani Kaylus Fikeni

December 22, 2019 at 12:47 pm

Audrey Mulemwa read again

25. Thabiso H. Maseko

January 3, 2020 at 12:08 pm

God almighty am seeking baptism of the Holy Spirit. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

26. Thabiso H. Maseko