A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS, A CITY ON A HILL THAT CAN'T BE HIDDEN

A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS, A CITY ON A HILL THAT CAN'T BE HIDDEN

Sometimes Christians find themselves in a situation where they don’t want their faith to be so obvious in order to avoid ridicule from people of the world.
So they try to not to “not be too obviously different” but listen to what Jesus has to say about that.
He says,” a city on a hill cannot be hidden,”Matthew 5:14 so there’s no need trying to do something that’s impossible.
As long as you are a true believer, faithful to Jesus,YOU WILL ALWAYS STAND OUT,people will always notice you are different everywhere you go because you are a light in the darkness of the world.
Its like lighting a torch in the night and trying to hide it.
You can’t hide it,so the only way to hide that torch would be to switch it off.
That’s exactly what’s going to happen if you try to fit in with the world, you will switch off your light(backslide).
There’s no middle ground when it comes to following Jesus.
As long as you are following Jesus your dressing will stand out from the rest of the world, your interests will stand out,your speech will stand out,everything will stand out because you are a light to the world, a city set on a hill that cannot be hidden.
And the world will think you are strange for not following after their way if life of committing fornication,adultery,drinking, dressing immodestly, using makeup,jewelry and wigs.
The world will think you are strange for not wanting to be part of that illegal deal at work to get extra money.
They will think you are strange for declining to join in gossip and slander.
The world will always think you are strange, and rightly so because you are not of this world,but are a citizen of heaven (1 Peter 4:3-4)
They will ridicule you,mock you,belittle you and try to make your faith seem foolish but do not worry.
Jesus said the world will love its own.
If the world loves you its because you are of the world.
But if Jesus has brought you out of the world into His Kingdom of Light,be ready for persecution.
Don’t try to avert the persecution by trying not to be too obvious, you will backslide.
BE OBVIOUS, and boldly shine the light of Jesus.
Be a witness to the world that even in this wicked ungodly generation, Jesus can still keep His people holy.
Let the world mock you,laugh at you and ridicule you,for so did their ancestors to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and to all His prophets.(Luke 15:18-20)
Be worried if the world loves you,for so did their ancestors love the false prophets and those who joined them in doing evil.(Luke 6:26)
So be radical, be bold,be courageous about your faith.
Its nothing to be ashamed of but something to take pride in because the world with all its lusts are headed for destruction but God has saved you from that destruction so don’t try to still fit in with those headed for destruction by lowering standards for them.
Be a witness that they too may see the light in you and know that the life they are living is filled with darkness and they need a Savior.
Do not be ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.(Romans 1:16)

1. Nwa Ihueze

March 19, 2020 at 8:32 am

May God help us in these trying times.

2. Grace Johnstone

March 19, 2020 at 8:38 am

Deibby Johnstone what i was telling you.jesus loves us soo huge and he always gives us the right word for what we going thru.Feeling so good right now and motivated to push on towards the goal.

3. Treasure Mathebula

March 19, 2020 at 9:40 am

11. Olivia Maxine Matthews

March 19, 2020 at 10:03 am

Inspiring words

12. Thobela Mini

March 19, 2020 at 10:39 am

Indeed people of darkness will recognize you.

13. Annointing Chukwunenye

March 19, 2020 at 12:00 pm

Thank God for this soul enlivener, it strenghtens the spiritual man the more.

14. Louisa Photoane

March 19, 2020 at 12:16 pm

Amen🙏🙏

15. John Wesley Guerrier

March 19, 2020 at 1:11 pm

Amen!! Glory to God.

16. Providence Lawrence

March 19, 2020 at 1:25 pm

17. Hardedayo Oluwagbenga Harbimborla

March 19, 2020 at 1:38 pm

You really tourch my heart for this, thanks for evangelis

18. Marvin Mugeyi

March 19, 2020 at 2:22 pm

Amen! May God bless you sister & your entire household!

19. Pililanie Blessings Giga-pho Mughogho

23. Ulrich Mboko

March 19, 2020 at 6:19 pm

24. Memory Mukodza

March 19, 2020 at 6:30 pm

25. Mary Awino

March 19, 2020 at 7:42 pm

Power massage of the hour!!!.. Glory to God Almighty and Jesus Christ of Nazareth

26. Pst Mike Felix

March 19, 2020 at 9:04 pm

amen.

27. Anne Adiyo

March 19, 2020 at 9:11 pm

Amen amen

28. Linda Mumba

March 20, 2020 at 7:51 am

Amen, I will arise and shine in Jesus’ name.

29. Edmar Coladilla C Coladilla