WHY I WILL PERSONALLY CONTINUE TO GIVE BOTH TITHES AND OFFERINGS TO THE LORD…

WHY I WILL PERSONALLY CONTINUE TO GIVE BOTH TITHES AND OFFERINGS TO THE LORD...

WHY I WILL PERSONALLY CONTINUE TO GIVE BOTH TITHES AND OFFERINGS TO THE LORD
This week I have come across debates and discussions on social media for and against tithing in the new testament because of the announcement made by a popular televangelist, Creflo Dollar saying he was wrong about Christians giving tithes in the new testament.
So am going to share why personally, I will continue to give tithes to the Lord after studying God’s word on this, and I will also share my personal testimony on tithing.
1.One of the most important reasons I will keep doing it is because Jesus said tithing should not be left undone.Many people get mistaken to think Jesus condemned tithing,but He actually affirmed it.
Matthew 23:23,”Woe to you scribes,and Pharisees,hypocrites!For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cumin,AND HAVE NEGLECTED THE WEIGHTIER MATTERS OF THE LAW:justice and mercy and faith.Those you ought to have done,WITHOUT LEAVING THE OTHERS UNDONE.”
In other words,the problem Jesus had about the tithing of the Pharisees is that it was all an act of hypocrisy,to look right before the people who saw them bring tithe of the smallest things,yet they had hearts of stone that were disobedient to God and were not concerned about justice,mercy or even real faith in God.
Their giving of tithe was not about God, but just to elevate themselves in people’s eyes.Jesus didn’t say they shouldn’t have tithed,He said they should have been concerned about justice,mercy,faith but also not have left tithing undone.Inshort,Jesus wanted their service for God to be complete,not partial,and all done in faith and because of love for God,not for people’s praise.
Their hearts were not right with God and instead of seeking God to change their hearts,they were just concerned in putting up acts of hypocrisy to appear right before men,yet they had neglected to do things that were important to God;persuing mercy,justice and faith.And Jesus did not say if they persuedmercy,justice and faith then they should stop giving God their tithe,He actually said they should not have left tithing undone either.But oit should have been done in purity of heart,out of love for God,not mere hypocrisy while living in sin and using tithe as a religious act to cover up.
2.People who advocate against giving God our tithes justify it by saying the new testament only talks about freewill giving.However,the verse I quoted above is from the new testament.Another verse quoted against tithing is 2 Corinthians 9:7,”So let each man give as he purposes in his heart,not grudgingly or of necessity;for God loves a cheerful giver.”People quote this verse to say that it’s okay if we don’t give tithe as long as we are able to give anything we decide in our hearts to the Lord because God wants us to give whatever we decide.
However,when you study this scripture,you will realize this was not about tithing nor was it a replacement for the tithing.The church had earlier promised to contribute money to help some Christians from Macedonia and Paul was reminding them to contribute in advance so that the gift may be ready on time.(2Corinthians 91-5).Paul was reminding them that even as they fulfill their promise to give to the saints,it should be done cheerfully,willingly,out of their hearts,not by compulsion because a gift given grudgingly and out of compulsion is not acceptable to the Lord.Just like in the first verse I read when Jesus was talking about tithe,He said justice,mercy and faith should never be left out.So the church in Corinth were showing love and mercy by giving freely to those in need.But the emphasis was that this should be done from the heart.Anything we give to the Lord,wether it’s tithe or offering it should be done because we want to,out oflove for God.Once we feel compelled and forced,our giving will not be acceptableto the Lord.It should be done in faith and out of love for God.Just like any other service for the Lord must be done willingly. Even if its evangelism or even helping to clean the church,if we are only doing it because we are forced,we are wasting our time.God wants us to serve Him willingly.
So quoting that scripture in reference to tithe is out of context when it is clearly talking about an incident the church in Corinth had freely offered to give a gift to the Macedonians and Paul was admonishing them that even though they had promised,no one should feel forced.They should fulfill their promise to give with a free heart whatever they could.That is different from tithe.For tithe,Jesus clearly said it should not have been left undone.
God is against people who tithe as a religious act yet their heart is not after God.They live in sin and cannot love God and their neighbor,yet they pay tithes to cover uo their sins.That is not acceptable to the Lord.Tithing should be done willingly,not grudgily just like anything else we do for the Lord.And it should not just be a religious act but it should be done out of love for God,while living in obedience to God.
Another important reason Creflo Dollar’s announcement will not affect my tithing is that He is a false teacher on many other things,which I will not go in detail about right now as the article will be too long.So just because he is going back on his teaching about tithe now doesn’t mean he is now automatically teaching the truth now.He is still teaching many false doctrines so personally I prefer to go and study the word of God for myself and do what the word of God tells me,instead of just doing what Creflo Dollar teaches.My study of God’s word on this in the new testament is partially what I have shared above.Jesus said tithing should not have been left undone,along with mercy,justice and faith.So I will continue to do all of that like Jesus said.

Another reason people condemn tithing is because they say in the old testament it wasn’t money but grain and crops.They gave that because that was their livelihood.I give money because that is what I live on.If another person only has grains and things like that and they want to give God that,there is nothing wrong.It can still be used for God’s work.
MY SHORT TESTIMONY ON TITHING
In 2017 there was a time when I became inconsistent to give back my tithes to the Lord just because I would always think about all the problems I had and thought I would just give my tithes later.So I stopped tithing for a while.
During that period,I left the house around 8 and my husband came back home within about 45 minutes.But he found that our house had been broken into within that short time I was away!A thief broke into our house and gotour laptop and was in the process of getting more things but he heard my husband unlock the door on the other side and he left the house through the other door!We were devastated and also felt unsafe.We prayed to the Lord about the incident.
A few days later,I received a call from a certain lady whom I knew.She’s someone I knew had a prophetic gift.She told me God had shown her a message to give me and she was a bit hesitant because no one loves to deliver bad news.I had told her about the theft but she did not know I had stopped giving my tithes to the Lord for some time.She shared with me a vision God had shown her that my family had started experiencing a lot of thefts and then she heard God telling her that the reason is because we were stealing from the Lord by withholding the tithe.
She was so shocked when I told her that was true because she did not know this.
By not giving our tithes,we were living in disobedience and therefore we had left an open door for satan and he was as always desperate to use it because our disobedience was taking us from God’s covering.Not that God could not protect us but God does allow the enemy to some extent sometimes if it will chasten His children.His interest was to correct us because He loves us.He wanted us to live in obedience to Him.
Finally,this is a controversial topic right now but this is why I will personally continue being obedient to what Jesus said that we should not have left tithing undone.It is my personal decision after studying scripture and am sharing this so that I do not have to keep answering the same question in email.Everyone has personal responsibility to study God’s word personally and ask for understanding.No one should serve God out of compulsion in any way,it must always be out of love.We can ask God to help us serve Him in love.Shalom.

1. Uchenna Emmanuel

July 8, 2022 at 6:14 pm

Why would a spirit filled Christian argue against tithing?
    Matthew 23:23 is very very clear

2. Word House Chapel

July 8, 2022 at 6:36 pm

3. Benson Nganga

July 8, 2022 at 6:39 pm

Amen.

4. Vino Mamogale

July 8, 2022 at 7:20 pm

You are right my sister,people will even loose the blessings of God if they don’t tith.People are lazy to read the word of God on their own so they depend on what other people are telling them and they become lost.

5. Burning Bush Net

July 8, 2022 at 7:24 pm

Jesus Himself is the New Covenant, He affirmed tithe.

6. Asher Namanya

July 8, 2022 at 7:41 pm

Misunderstood Tithing Law.
    Philipians3: 7-11: But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in a Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.
    The issue of Tithing is misunderstood by most Christians, they want to base all their teaching on giving rather than their turn away from sin and die to sin and experience the death of the cross with Jesus Christ.
    For Paul Says I have been crucified with Jesus Christ that I may no longer live but Christ lives. And I anything I do I do for him who died for the sin, that I may have the likeness of death and also experience same Resurrection from his death. What Paul means when people die to sin, they won’t serve the law of Sin rather than the Law of Mind. If you tithe and still fornicate, there is no salvation for you because everyone who wants to serve the Lord must come in the love and have Faith in Jesus Christ which is under the Grace because when we are under grace we overcome our selfishness and overcome our guilt and fear towards punishment rather take it as a way of worshipping the Lord.
    If I give and I want to benefit from what I have given then my conscience is not pure and my motive is not to grow the body of Christ. And If I give out of pressure for fearing to go to hell then it means I see God as a destroyer not a saviour because I fear Hell and its out of fear for Hell that fuels my giving not as an act of Worship or service to God or out of love for God for enabling me to overcome battles in life and the business I may involved myself with.
    The biblical way of giving is that of Abraham because He gave a tenth even though there was no Law. He acknowledged God even though there was no Law to Regulate Sin. Most People just read Malachi 3:10- and misinterpreted it and take God as if He is interested in the Money than change of their Hearts.
    In Matthew 23:23 Jesus Christ had an issue with the pharisees, they paid tithes for everything but they forgot to consider most important of the law, that is Love, Justice and Faithfulness. And Jesus said they would have done both. As for them they sought for righteousness that comes from the Law rather than that comes from Faith that brings righteousness. Pastors are focusing on money than imparting life for a sinner to change and transform to serving God with a right conscience and right attitude with pure heart. Money has never been a problem of God. God sent his Son to people to be saved from the kingdom of darkness to Kingdom of Light and experience the power of grace to overcome sin and this comes with power of the cross that leads to the death of the cross to an individual life to be freed from Power of sin.
    A person serving a law of Sin has not understoond God and cannot please God. No amount money you can give to God to save you. Never!!! . Therefore We give based on Faith, love and respect towards God as an act of Worship and service to the Body of Christ. Anyone giving out of fear and guilt has not yet experienced the Love of God and the power of the Cross. People need to be taught the death of the cross so that they die to their dead works and die to sin in order to serve God with right mind and pure conscience.
    This is the right way to serve God.
    Tithing should be given in reverence for God and as an act of Worship and out of Love for God than being religious act and it should never be forced on anyone.

7. Grace Kesh

July 8, 2022 at 8:17 pm

I love to tithe, i started when i almost had nothing,still God received it and opened bigger doors for me,i have tested as he said and i saw that the Lord is good,he has done in my life what he said be would do,not only do i tithe but i do it faithfully so i have never lacked and whenever i was choking in debt and not having money he opened other doors or uses people to bless me exceedingly and abundantly,even in hard economic times,i have seen God,i am financially protected and i believe God feels honoured,it is my prayer,am so glad i hearkened to his voice,blessed be the name of the Lord Jesus 👐

8. Gift Pumbwa

July 8, 2022 at 8:20 pm

Amen thanks sister for the message !praise the Lord

9. Bazuaye Francis

July 8, 2022 at 8:42 pm

My dear sister, tithing is only controversial to those who don’t believe in The Bible and to those with Antichrist spirit. Anyone who truly understands the Scripture you quoted in Matthew will eat the humble pie. Those who have seen the results of tithing won’t argue blindly.

10. Lucinda E. Amara

July 8, 2022 at 9:06 pm

Thank you woman of God. I am also guilty of not conscientiously paying my tithes as I should do. I pray that God will give me the grace to do so from now on.

11. Job Alex

July 8, 2022 at 10:18 pm

Rachael Abigail Mushala Chisulo . I have a question. Are you a pastor or wife of a pastor?

12. Florencius Mojikon

July 9, 2022 at 12:00 am

It’s not wrong to give tithes to the Lord but must be done within the context of God’s words.These prosperity gospel preachers are different money had become their god.They asked people to give tithes and offering and telling them they will be blessed hundredfold but their motives all along was they wanted to enrich themselves through these tithes and offering. They are really wolves in sheep’s clothings and charlatans.

13. Donna Jonasses Barrit

July 9, 2022 at 12:21 am

Amen thanks miss Rachael,I am on it miss Rachael of what you did b4,,,now Im in repentance of stealing and delaying my tithe,,thank u God,,amen🙏👆👆👆

14. Donna Jonasses Barrit

July 9, 2022 at 12:22 am

This article is not a coincidence for me to read but God wants me to know your testimony miss Rachael Abigail Mushala Chisulo

15. Magdoboy Niza Marie

July 9, 2022 at 1:30 am

Wow thank you fo this sister. I just want to share that I also asked God to give him his share without the feeling of being obliged. I asked him to give me a heart that obeys, a heart that is willing to give back to God not because it is compulsary but because I do it out of my love for him. I asked this from him because I feel so guilty because I feel that I do everything for compliance and not out of love. I always remind myself that whatever I have its from God because of his mercy and love.

16. Melvin Roncal

July 9, 2022 at 1:32 am

For me when i start tithe in 2017 and surrender my life to the Lord the Lord bless me

17. Emmanuel Chipasula

July 9, 2022 at 3:22 am

We are seed of Abraham in Christ, so we are doing the same Abraham did.. John 8:39. Hebrews 2:16

18. Franca Chioma Jude

July 9, 2022 at 4:43 am

Thank you so much for this write up, God bless you sis

19. Rose Pastor Saninga

July 9, 2022 at 5:43 am

Tithes can only be a blessing to a giver if use the scriptural way in detronomy 26 and 14. The poor and the needy also. when they eat tithes given to the store house of God and are satisfied then God commands a blessing

20. Shepherd Dzikiti

July 9, 2022 at 7:06 am

The Holy Bible: Psalms 51;

16You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.17The sacrifices of God are [3] a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

If this Tele evangelist was living in the old testament he was going to tell all the priests and levites to stop all the sacrifices and burnt offerings because God said so using the great King David.

When the blind leads the blind the pit is inevitable. But the pit is pit of no return.

In this section of scripture David was saying without a pure heart and living in sin all the sacrifices are of no use God won’t take pleasure.

This is the same with Tithes, We must pay tithes because there is no scripture that said the law of tithes was done away with. As long as somebody has mode of production, they must pay 10% of the produce so that the poor, orphans, the widows, the blind and ministers of the gospel are financed.

The mode of production is: Natural resources(Raw Material), Labour (intellectual capital) , and Technology.
    Any yields or profit from These factors of production you need to pay 10% to the giver The Almighty. If you don’t pay tithes their yield will diminish.

But we must not pay tithes to prosperity gospel preachers because we will be sponsoring lucifer directly.

But be careful Sis Rachel , that man knows exactly what he is doing. As soon as I heard about his utterances on tithes I raised a red flag. He is intentionally leading people astray having acquired billions from tithes he has nothing to lose. He must do restitution and return all the money he got from tithes.

21. Malven Philipo

July 9, 2022 at 7:08 am

Tinashe Chinzvende like I said before the elect of God will not be deceived. I hope you understand Matthew 24:24 pretty well.

God bless You richly my dear sister for this.

22. Linda Mumba

July 9, 2022 at 8:29 am

Thanks sister for this; I heard that there are men of God and Christians in hell today because they never used to pay Tithes to God.
    God bless you child of the most high God.

23. Sibongile Modise

July 9, 2022 at 9:15 am

It’s easy to identify a false Christian, False Christians are always eager to support any Pastor who tells them what their hearts yearn for. They will know very well that a Leader is False , but because he tells them what they already want to hear, they will choose to accept that and follow it without hesitance. But when a Leader who they know very well is from Above tells them what they don’t want to hear, they will be reluctant to follow and question many things, although they know that the Leader is a true follower of Jesus Christ

24. Caleb Mark

July 9, 2022 at 12:34 pm

As long as am concern,tithing works for me clearly and surely. So if any man wants to change himself then that is left for him and his God

25. Awal Inusah

July 9, 2022 at 12:48 pm

I really believed and convince in tithing, Abraham gave tithe when there was no Law, Jacob gave tithe when there was no Law, Moreover Abraham gave tithe to Melchizedek, when there was no Law, Melchizedek was a picture of Christ, he was informed of Jesus HEBREWS 7:1-7. he was king of peace and priest of the most high God, who has no father nor mother nor relatives, the bible call him great man, if this great man Melchizedek received tithe, How Much more our Lord Jesus, I believed and I am very sure that, there’s nothing wrong in paying tithes, it shows your Love and obedience to the Lord,
    God bless you.

26. Thembi Matrose

July 9, 2022 at 4:44 pm

Wow! I prayed and asked God if we should or should not pay our tithes, and he just answered me through you! Most of the things I ask the Lord, I receive answers through your posts! God is faithful!

27. Kendra Abbey

July 9, 2022 at 8:44 pm

Who do we give the tithe to? Our home church?

28. Gideon Mokwena

July 9, 2022 at 10:31 pm

Malachi 3:8-10 Should people cheat God?Yet you have cheated me! “But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’ “You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. 9 You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. 10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!

29. Candy Joylynn Lust

July 10, 2022 at 4:30 am

Amen Beloved Sister. I had a personal experience where the Lord audibly spoke to me and told me to “Tithe” and led me to Mal 3:8-12. May God continue to bless you Mightily! 💕

30. Hephizibah Beulah

July 10, 2022 at 6:56 am

I said it in a post as We give tithes ,We should also give our holiness Salvation Righteousness which means staying holy presenting our bodies az living sacrifices unto the Lord this is our pure Worship Romans 12vs 1

31. Ayinde Deborah

July 10, 2022 at 11:00 pm

We’ve not even given enough to God for all his provision for us. Tithe should not be burdensome to us because it opens the doors of blessings and also help you to use the remaining money for good things which I personally have experience.
    I was used to not giving tithe to God but God changed me and since I’ve paying my tithe on Sundays the week has always been blessed for me with business opportunities and credit alerts from people I never expected could send money to me which was not like that those time I wasn’t paying my tithe. Sincerely,It my request from God to always give me the grace always pay even more than the percentage I’m ought to pay as my tithe.

32. Ramco Jundis

July 11, 2022 at 1:22 am

Yeah, id personally love to Tithe one day!

33. Paul Palotes

July 11, 2022 at 3:57 am

Amen🙇‍♂️🔥🙏

34. Chadrack Monga Wa Mbuya

July 11, 2022 at 12:13 pm

do you eat the tithe? or do you pay your tithe? anyone who does not pay tithe will not inherit the kingdom of heaven because he is a robber. if you don’t pay the tithe you will go to hell and the preacher who preaches you not to pay the tithe opens a door of hell for you. the sin of not tithing is not only forgiven by confession but both confession and give it back. the tithe eaten not give back is not forgiven.
    Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
    Malachi 3:9 Ye [are] cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, [even] this whole nation.
    1Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.
    how to give back the tithe you ate. it is necessary: to give back the tithe that you have eaten and add a fifth of that tithe you have eaten. then you will be forgiven by God.
    if you have eaten the tithe for a year, you take the sum of money’s tithe of a year that you have eaten and add a fifth of the sum of money.
    Leviticus 27:31 And if a man will at all redeem [ought] of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth [part] thereof.
    some preach that in the new testament we are not under law, so we are not going to pay tithe. but Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law but to perfect it. the principle of tithing began before any book of the bible was written even before the law.
    Genesis 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
    Gen 28:22 And this stone, which I have set [for] a pillar, shall be God’s house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.
    our father in faith Abram tithes before it was written into the law.
    In the offering domain only the offering or sin’s expiation which is abolished all the other offerings remain always in application.
    in hell there are cells for anti-tithe.

35. Charles Digol

July 11, 2022 at 2:15 pm

Men have for years continue to cage God and limit God by what he said or did not say . I don’t know the God you serve but the God I serve is a limitless God, the ancient of days can never be caged. I will say this about tithe and seal my lips for ever? Let’s ask ourselves this question. Assuming tithe was never mentioned anywhere and you are convicted in your heart to give it anyway , will God be pleased that you did or not ? Second question , if it was not mentioned and you are in a position to give tithe but you don’t because it was not mentioned will God be pleased . until this sinks in you deeply you will never understand anything . the bible is not a novel or just a set rules , its a constitution of heaven and Jesus is its president. Anything you are not clear about consult Him , He will direct you .
    Lastly if you tithe tithe under the order of melkizedek . thank me later for this . I rest my case.

36. Gibson Ngcobo

July 11, 2022 at 3:14 pm

I leaved with abundance and scarcity if he see that tithe is not relevant can he be in position give up all the asserts he attained through asking tithe from the congregation, that could be hard to do I bet. For argument sake.

Luke 18:22–25:

37. Kenny Tan

July 12, 2022 at 10:56 am

Tithing is only for the levitical priestshod but now our priest is not in the tribe of levi but of judah

38. Shim'on Kepha Chinedu Okeke

July 13, 2022 at 10:46 am

Rachael Abigail Mushala Chisulo Did you ask the HOLY SPIRIT to tell you the truth regarding the doctrine of tithing? If you did, can you say exactly what you were told. If not, also simply say you were not told. Thanks

39. Mercy Israel

July 14, 2022 at 6:21 am

Rightly said ma. Tithe must be given to God. Whatsoever that is of God must be given to Him. Lord deliver us from stealing from you and been disobedient to you so that we will not give room for the devil in our lives and homes. Amen. Bless you ma. Amen.