To be one with the Lord By Rachael Inonge Mushala
The Lord has been teaching me on the importance of us sharing an intimate relationship with Him.
The Lord Jesus Christ told me, “There is no greater closeness than sharing one life.”
And that’s what He wants from all of us, for us to share one life with Him.
To be one with the Lord.
When we begin to pursue God, He will lead us into a life of righteousness and obedience.
There’s no closer friend we can have than God Himself.
He created us for Himself, and He wants us to desire to be with Him not just in heaven but even in this life.
Steps to Intimacy with God
• Love God more than anything and anyone
• Be filled with the Holyspirit
• Make God a priority in your life
• Live a life of obedience rather than temporal sinful gratification
• Stay at the feet of the Lord and learn from Him
• Be teachable; do not harden your heart to the Lord’s correction
• Listen to the Holyspirit
• Be willing to let go of anything that stands between you and God
• Keep your eyes on the Lord Jesus Christ only, seek only His approval.
• Seek the Lord by reading His word, praying, and waiting on Him
• Set aside time to be alone with God undisturbed.
• Involve God in every part of your life, tell Him about everything
• Talk to God like a friend
• Talk to Him throughout the day, not just at prayer time.
• Listen to God
• Deny yourself; takeup your cross daily and follow Him
“There is no greater closeness than sharing one life.”
The list can be longer than this, please feel free to add some things that have helped you walk closer with God in your comments below.
Many times we seek the Lord not for Himself but in order to experience the supernatural, and for His blessings.
The Lord Jesus Christ wants us to ask for blessings from Him, but more than anything He wants us to seek Him for Himself, just to be close to Him and to know Him.
He wants us to love Him for Himself, not just for His blessings.
When we pursue God above everything, the supernatural is inevitable. His blessings are inevitable.
We cannot do any of the things I’ve listed above alone. We need God to do this in us, so we must ask Him.
“We need God for everything”
There is no satisfaction greater than the satisfaction we can get from seeking God,not only in this life but in eternity as well.
Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
1Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
Mark 6:46 And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain to pray.
John 17:21 ………………that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Luke 6:12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
Genesis 5:22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
Genesis 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he [was] not; for God took him.